Esri Certified Enterprise Geodata Management Professionals understand the components and architecture of the geodatabase and are skilled in developing and maintaining an ArcGIS multi-user enterprise.
This certification is for individuals with 5-7 years’ experience as a database or GIS administrator and has managed an enterprise geodatabase for at least 3 years with advanced experience in a multi-user environment.
A qualified candidate for the Enterprise Geodata Management Professional Certification understands the components and architecture of the geodatabase. They will be familiar with features of a geodatabase such as installation, configuration, versioning, tuning, replication, and database diagnostics at an in-depth level.
A qualified candidate should be able to:
- Install and configure the geodatabase
- Design the geodatabase
- Understand workflows and their impact on the geodatabase
- Manage the data within the geodatabase
- Perform geodatabase maintenance and troubleshooting
The following list of skills measured is provided to familiarize candidates with topics covered on the exam and to help guide exam preparation. We recommend candidates review this list and assess their knowledge of each skill. Specific preparation resources are available to assist with refreshing in areas where any knowledge gaps are found.
Show/Hide All Skills
- Explain the difference between creating data with database and ArcGIS
Understand the system requirements for RDBMS
- Determine the application and workflow factors that impact database load
- Explain how complex geometry affects storage and performance and ways to improve performance
- Explain the pros and cons of using different storage compression options and the impact of Lossy vs. Lossless compression
- Describe the purpose of advanced database configuration options
Install and Configure the Geodatabase
- Utilize repository tables
- Describe the installation and configuration steps involved in creating an enterprise level geodatabase
- Explain the prerequisites, reasons for, and effects of installing ArcSDE on a remote server
- Discuss the default server and service configuration files, how they are mapped to tables in the geodatabase, and options that can be changed using these tables
- Explain the different connection types, including the pros and cons of using each connection types
Design the Geodatabase
- Explain the implications of using a feature dataset
- Determine the appropriate ArcSDE logfile architecture
- Determine the appropriate data association options
- Determine the appropriate way to store and serve imagery
- Explain the impacts of forward and backward compatibility
- Describe the steps required to set up a topology and the effects of topology on a geodatabase
- Describe the implications of using different data association methodologies
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate geodatabase elements to use
- Describe the benefits of and steps involved in using different loading options
- Determine how to load or interchange third party data using different methods (e.g., SQL, interoperability extensions, extract transform and load module)
- Explain the impact of transferring data between different RDBMS
- Given a scenario in which a customer wants to change RDBMS platforms, determine what preparation is needed
- Describe how the use of roles can be applied to solve an issue
- Describe how to use Dbtune to configure enterprise geodatabases, and the reasons and implications of making changes
- Identify and explain which keywords should be modified for a raster or vector
- Describe the parameters that control storage for complex geodatabase features
- Explain the considerations for migrating from legacy or other formats to the geodatabase
- Determine the factors that impact geodatabase maintenance
- Explain the impact of a partial restore of a geodatabase
- Explain geodatabase compression, including necessary preparation and determining an effective compression
- Describe the proper use of indexes for a given scenario
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate replication
- Determine the appropriate options and level for conflict resolution
- Explain the impact of bulk editing and editing data through a versioned view
- Explain how archiving operates in the geodatabase
- Explain the impact of the reconcile process on the geodatabase
- Explain the implications of working with different editing options in the geodatabase
- Determine how to resolve common connection or locking issues
- Determine how to resolve a common permissions issue
- Determine how to resolve common server performance issues or application issues that affect geodatabase performance
The following resources are available to help you prepare for your exam, but are not required. Please utilize this list of preparation resources with the list of skills measured topics to identify appropriate training options for possible knowledge gaps found.
Please note that completing the recommended training courses does not guarantee you will achieve the requirements for a specific Certification exam.
You may also search the ArcGIS Resource Center for additional materials.